One of the best products for salt cell cleaning in my opinion is Acid Magic. Why is it better than 31.45% Muriatic acid for salt cell cleaning? The main reason is that when you clean a salt cell you are adding a concentrated amount of an acid and water mixture into a small area – either a bucket or into the cell itself with a cap on. Since Acid Magic has 90% fewer fumes than Muriatic Acid you will do the cleaning process practically toxic fume-free.
That is one of the drawbacks of salt cell cleaning. The possibility of coming into contact with a concentrated amount of Muriatic acid can burn your skin and the toxic fumes. Acid Magic also safer to handle. There is a buffering agent that prevents burns to your skin. When you are using such a small amount of acid in a confined area Acid Magic is a great way to avoid the pitfalls of toxic fumes and burns.
Since it is the same strength as 31.45% Muriatic Acid you don’t sacrifice the cleaning ability in any way by switching to Acid Magic. If it took 20 minutes to clean a cell with Muriatic Acid it will take 20 minutes to clean a cell with Acid Magic. If the manufacturer calls for a 10 to 1 acid to water mixture, you can use the same amount of Acid Magic as Muriatic Acid.
Last, Acid Magic has a 5-year shelf life. This means that if you want to get a gallon just for salt cell cleaning at your personal residence the product will last you several salt cell cleanings over the years. Even though the gallon is more expensive, it lasts such a long time making it in fact more economical if you factor that in.
Here is more about the product from the manufacturer Certol:
ACID Magic is a full-strength muriatic-based product formulated to ship, use, and store easier than standard muriatic acid. This revolutionary blend of proprietary ingredients offers the cleaning and pH reduction of powerful acids while providing increased usability.
POOL AND SPA:
• Tested safe in all heated/unheated pools.
• ACID Magic is certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 50.
• Adjusts pool and spa water chemistry.
• Extremely effective acid wash.
• Cleans filters, chlorine generators, and meter electrodes.
DRINKING WATER TREATMENT:
• ACID Magic is certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 60.
• Corrosion and scale control.
• pH adjustment.
PAINT PREPARATION AND GENERAL CLEANING:
• Use to etch concrete in preparation for painting.
• Removes efflorescence from masonry.
• Cleans excess mortar from brick and cinder block.
• Removes rust, scale, mineral build-up, and stains.
• Certified NSF Category A3 and Certified Kosher for cleaning food processing equipment.
• Cleans tile and porcelain in restrooms and locker rooms.
• ACID Magic has many other uses, too!
• Up to 90% fewer fumes than standard muriatic acid.
• Buffering agents prevent burns to intact skin.
• Clean and clarify like full strength 20° Baume, 31.45%, muriatic acid.
• Use ACID Magic exactly as you would standard muriatic acid.
• Reduced fumes equal a better working environment. Also, less corrosion to storage areas, pump rooms, and equipment.
• Quarts and gallons ship Limited Quantity.
• Eliminates the risk of burns to intact skin.
• Less fuming means less evaporation of acid into the air.
• ACID Magic has all the strength of standard muriatic acid, but with less harmful effects
Visit my Website: http://www.swimmingpoollearning.com/
YouTube Video Index: http://poolmandave.blogspot.com/2014/03/swimming-pool-tips-reviews-how-to-video.html – A list of all of my videos.
Join me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/poolguycoaching
Podcast Website: https://www.thepoolguypodcastshow.com/
Coaching Site: https://poolguycoaching.com/
Shop at Leslie’s: Leslie’s Pool Supplies has been do-it-yourselfers and pool trade professionals trusted partner since 1963, providing quality products and services to make pool care easy and solutions and expertise to do it right. http://lesliespool.com/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=spll&utm_campaign=spll
Jandy Pool Filters: Make Your Pool Free From Any Impurity
Pool cartridge filters are found to be one of the simplest options among all. These filters are said to be the most trouble-free option. Filter media would be the different folds of papers.The Fun Never Stops
Summer vacation is just around the corner. Have you decided on what to do this summer? Maybe read a book, watch a movie or why not go swimming? Summer is definitely the time to wear your bathing suits and swimming trunks. Take the family with you if you can. Being alone wouldn’t be fun right?The Set Up
An above ground pool is a great choice if you want a pool that is not expensive. Say bye-bye to those long pool construction days, weeks and even months. An above ground pool takes just about 2 to 4 hours of installation. Yup, its that fast! Did you purchase one yourself? Installation is easy. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3 and four. Yes, with only four easy steps you will be well on your way to putting up your above ground pool. So pull a friend and start now.The Chlorine Philosophy
Chlorine has been a pioneer in cleaning and sanitizing pools and tubs. It has widely been used for several years now. Chlorine has been effective in keeping away harmful debris and microorganisms from the pool. However, chlorinated pools has been said to be very difficult to maintain. It seems that a lot of people do not like chlorine as their sanitizer anymore. Can we blame them?The Beautification
Decorating your backyard pool area could really be a fun project that would bring lots of good memories. People vary in the lifestyle they have, but whatever design you envision, there are basic poolside accessories that are budget-friendly and cost effective which you can partake in.